ant-user mailing list archives

From "Brett Knights" <br...@knightsofthenet.com>
Subject RE: script task: suggestion about the docs
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2001 23:37:53 GMT
Some places to find information about the script task:

It uses the BSF. The BSF pdf doc discusses the environment that scripts run in and how each
of the supported languages can make
calls to the environment.

Ant uses reflection to make calls to tasks. If you look at the doc section called "Developing
with Ant" you will see how this is
done and what the conventions are to use in your scripts.

As for an example try converting the hello world example to use perl. I did that when I was
messing around but have since deleted
that task or I'd include that as an example.

Also the ability to use a scripting task implies at least the ability to read c type code
(except for vbscript). Looking at the
script task's code to figure out what objects are available to call (using the conventions
discussed in the BSF docs) isn't that
difficult and it's always up-to-date.

This point can't be stressed enough -- Ant's code is, for everything I have looked at, clear
and readable. If you would look at the
code I think you would see this.

HTH