ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Yet again!!!! *&^%$#"! "Couldnt find classic compi ler"
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 08:08:31 GMT
David Goodenough <david.goodenough@btconnect.com> wrote:

> I think that there is a more deap seated problem, especially with
> the IBM 1.3 JDK.

I've been running IBM's JDK 1.3 on Linux for many months without ever
having any problems - it uses the modern compiler.

> The only way I could get the Ant build process to find the modern
> compiler, was to move tools.jar into jre/lib/ext which should not be
> necessary.

Right, it shouldn't - and I didn't have to do this.

I have ANT_HOME and JAVA_HOME set and a completely empty CLASSPATH, as
well as nothing in JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/ext.

> The only difference that I can see, and I have yet to pour over a
> debug trace, is that Ant has its own class loader.

Ant uses the system classloader when it searches for the compiler,
this cannot be the reason.

Stefan