ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Passed in $CLASSPATH versus javac classpath
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 09:38:59 GMT
<> wrote:

> So I understand from what you've said that it's the CLASSPATH
> environment variable which is accessible through the javac task and
> NOT the LOCALCLASSPATH (set in ant.bat and ant (sh)), even though
> ant is executed in these scripts as follows:
> java -classpath ${LOCALCLASSPATH} .....

Nope.  Whenever I've said CLASSPATH, replace this with "the classpath
Ant's VM has been invoked with" - which is ${LOCALCLASSPATH} in the
above case.

Using Ant's starter scripts, this is CLASSPATH + all files found in
ANT_HOME/lib (order seems to depend on which version of the starter
script you use - bat or sh).

You can get the value of it via the java.class.path system property,
which is also available as ${java.class.path} in build files.

View raw message