ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: sysproperty="x" value="y" --> Order of Operation
Date Thu, 10 May 2001 06:15:10 GMT
David Scassa <dscassa@journee.com> wrote:

> While trying to execute JETACE, ANT seems to want to set the system
> properties first and all other arguments, including the classpath
> second.

This shouldn't make any difference to JETACE as boith, setting the
system properties and resolving the classpath has been done by the JVM
before the very first class of JETACE even gets loaded.

I think, your problem is not related to the order of the JVM arguments:

> ${ejb_temp} = ./ejb_temp
>
> ${forkingclass} =
> /lib/ujc.jar;./lib/xml4j.jar;./lib/jetace.jar;./lib/ivbjfaceall.jar;./ejb_te
> mp;./lib/jaxp.jar
>
> MY BUILD.XML TARGET FOR JETACE:
>
> <java classname="com.ibm.ejb.jetjar.JetAceMain" fork="yes">
> 	<classpath path="${forkingclass}"/>
> 	<sysproperty key="JETACE_WORK_DIR" value="${ejb_temp}"/>
> 	<arg value="./xml/BeanDescriptor.xml"/>
> </java>
>
> THE EXECUTION:
> "c:/ejbtest/>ant -buildfile whywontthiswork.xml jetace"
>
> THE BUILD OUTPUT:
>
> Forking java -DJETACE_WORK_DIR=./ejb_temp -classpath D:\ejbtemp\ejb_temp ....

Probably (I don't know JETACE) this makes JETACE_WORK_DIR to be
interpreted as c:/ejbtest/ejb_temp (as you run the command on C:) and
this one is not in your CLASSPATH as far as I can see.

If you want Ant to resolve ${ejb_temp} as relative to your project's
basedir, use the file attribute of sysproperty instead of the value
attribute.

Stefan