ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Newbie question
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 07:38:35 GMT
Robert Leftwich <digital@ix.net.au> wrote:

> b) Fail the build if JAVA_HOME or ant.java.version is not correct -
> but the only way I can find to do that is to write a script
> (javascript/netrexx/etc) that checks the value and adds a target (or
> enables a target) that does the fail - this seems overly complex.

You can get away without scripting.

<target name="check-version">
  <available property="jdk1.3+" classname="java.lang.StrictMath" />
</target>

<target name="ensure-1.3" depends="check-version" unless="jdk1.3+">
  <fail>Can only build if running in a JDK 1.3 VM</fail>
</target>

and make all your targets depend on the ensure-1.3 target

Stefan