ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: does Ant work with absolute file pathnames?
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 06:45:19 GMT
Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barclay@digitalfocus.com> wrote:

> Are the various tasks in Ant compatible with using absolute file
> pathnames?

Yes, in theory.  What doesn't work very well is collecting files with
and absolute path into a fileset on systems that don't have a single
rooted file system.

On Unix

>     <lib dir="."
>       <include name="${module1.jarName}" />
>     </lib>

works for absolute paths as well, if you set dir to "/" - at least I
think it does.  We need to find a workaround for Windows, OS/2 and
probably others (VMS), but it is not there ATM.

> Or do you have to define more properties (to split some parent or
> ancestor directory name from the remainder of the pathname of a
> file)?

Until there is a better solution, yes.

Stefan