ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: incremental building
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 07:07:24 GMT
John Fisher <fisher23@llnl.gov> wrote:

> We are dealing with the same problem, and unfortunately, the
> solution is not that easy. The main problem is that the generated
> .java file names are derived from the *content* of the .idl files,
> not the filenames of the .idl files.

I knew that it wouldn't be that easy in general - this means you'll
have to write your own mapper that knows how to create target file
names from source file names (note that mappers are not restricted to
map one to one, you can have multiple targets for a single input or a
single target for multiple input files).

With something like this <apply> would be general enough.

Stefan