ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dave Townsend" <dave.towns...@bigfoot.com>
Subject RE: Automatically generating build files
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 17:50:57 GMT
I dabbled with this thought and came up with an idea for using the output of
javac to do it for you. If you run javac with I think the -verbose option on
a single java file it displays all the other classes it loads to compile the
class, and hence all the classes that that class references and so requires.
I did have a rough start at something to do this before I gave up, Ill pass
it on if I dig it out. Basically meant I didn't have to write any serious
parsing though, just relied on the parser built into javac.

Dave Townsend <dave.townsend@bigfoot.com>

/*-SIG-*/

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaikh, Mehmood [mailto:Mehmood.Shaikh@ccra-adrc.gc.ca]
Sent: 16 May 2001 17:29
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Automatically generating build files

Hi,

I intend to automatically generate build files for my packages by looking at
my java programs, one thing this requires is the ability to resolve
dependencies. e.g. if class A imports a class B which is not in my package,
i want to know that and make a list, then go after that class etc. etc.
etc...

For this purpose i need to parse my java program, to be able to get all the
import statements and go on from there.

Does this make sense? Any ideas?

Thanks

MS.