ant-user mailing list archives

From Patrick Wright <the_...@pdoubleya.com>
Subject Problems with IBM JDK 1.3 and 'style' tag
Date Mon, 28 May 2001 21:54:26 GMT
Hi

I've been using Ant to compile a documentation project. The documents are
written in XML and transformed to HTML via my own XSL files.

This works fine under Sun JDK 1.2.x and 1.3.x, but fails under IBM JDK 1.1.8
and 1.3.

The error is at the end of this posting. I have verified that my classpath
(and jikespath, for that matter) have the standard xalan.jar and xerces.jar
from their respective project websites. The IBM rt.jar (/jre/lib/rt.jar) has
xerces classes in its table of contents, but these do not appear when the
jar is extracted. I tried opening the jar and rebuilding it to no good
effect.

I'm running Windows NT 4.0 SP6. I do still have Sun JDK 1.3 installed, so
this could be a classpath problem, but I can't seem to find it.

TIA
Patrick

Error on using ant with 'style' tag:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser: method
initHandlers(ZLorg/apache
/xerces/framework/XMLDocumentHandler;Lorg/apache/xerces/framework/XMLDocumen
tHandler$DTDHandler;)V n
ot found
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTM.<init>(DTM.java:228)
        at org.apache.xalan.xpath.dtm.DTMLiaison.parse(DTMLiaison.java:198)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.getSourceTreeFromInput(XSLTEngineImpl.j
ava:955)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.process(XSLTEngineImpl.java:643)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.XalanLiaison.transform(XalanLiaison.j
ava)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.XSLTProcess.process(XSLTProcess.java:307)
        at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.XSLTProcess.execute(XSLTProcess.java:159)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:818)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:532)
        at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:506)

Total time: 5 seconds