ant-user mailing list archives

From "Kris Bravo" <br...@us.net>
Subject output from tasks isn't always available as output="xxx". Alternatives?
Date Sat, 05 May 2001 18:32:29 GMT
I have not been able to find this one in the archives, so here is my
question.

I would like to specify output files for each task individually. I can see
where a few tasks have an output field that can cause this to happen (e.g.,
exec, java, etc.); however, javac, jar and a few other critical ones don't.
Am I missing something? It there a good way to do this?

My guess is that the way to accomplish this for any task is to parse the
output of ant (or the XmlLogger) according to the brackets (tags) to get the
messages broken down. True?

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Kris