ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill.J.Fell...@mail.sprint.com
Subject RE: Is there a way to do sed-style inline editing?
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 22:50:18 GMT
<tstamp>
   <format property="MYTIMESTAMP" pattern="MMdd-HHmm" />
<tstamp>

<echo message="${MYTIMESTAMP} should have the format of MMDD-HHMM" />

I don't really know what the above has to with sed unless the
preceeding replacement was the only thing you used it for.

/bill

-----Original Message-----
From: mjaffe [mailto:mjaffe@eturn.com]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 5:35 PM
To: ant-user
Cc: mjaffe
Subject: Is there a way to do sed-style inline editing?

Here's the issue. Our release standards are now being violated since I
switched to Ant for deployment of the builds. The former build-meister
did
the main build manually, then created a folder on a shared machine to
which
he copied the build results. Now I have a distribution mechanism in the
build script, but it does not do a similar-enough function. The old
builds
were copied into a folder named "MMDD-HHMM" (where MMDD is the two-digit
month + two-digit day, and HHMM is the hours & minutes stuff.) Now I
get a
folder called "20010521-HHMM" but I wondered if I could scriptually edit
this down to the old format.