ant-user mailing list archives

From Bill.J.Fell...@mail.sprint.com
Subject newbie - subproject question
Date Mon, 07 May 2001 20:58:29 GMT
Hello all,
Thank you all so much for the help thus far - it's been incredibly
useful.

For my project, I've got a master build document and all the
sub-projects are based off of it.  When I run the following I get
MasterBuild echo'd twice.  If I comment out the <property /> in the
master build, then all the sub projects figure out their names.  So,
anyone care to lend some insight into how all of that works?  I'm
guessing it parses the master document and sets values there.  For each
ant call, it'll parse the named file and sets values iff they have not
already been set.  Am I getting warm?  Any way to have the called files
override master values?

Thanks as always,
/bill

<project name="MasterBuild" default="main" basedir=".">
  <property name="app.name"       value="${ant.project.name}"/>
  <target name="main">
    <echo message="${app.name}" />
    <ant antfile="sub.xml" />
  </target>
</project>

<project name="SubBuild1" default="main" basedir=".">