ant-user mailing list archives

From "Robert Nicholson" <rob...@elastica.com>
Subject RE: WL 6.0 EJBC Ant build
Date Wed, 23 May 2001 03:20:58 GMT
Actually you want to make sure the vm knows about the decarlation and you
also
haven't given the property a value.

Again please read

newInstance
public static DocumentBuilderFactory newInstance()
Obtain a new instance of a DocumentBuilderFactory. This static method
creates a new factory instance. This method uses the following ordered
lookup procedure to determine the DocumentBuilderFactory implementation
class to load:
Use the javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory system property.
Use the properties file "lib/jaxp.properties" in the JRE directory. This
configuration file is in standard java.util.Properties format and contains
the fully qualified name of the implementation class with the key being the
system property defined above.
Use the Services API (as detailed in the JAR specification), if available,
to determine the classname. The Services API will look for a classname in
the file META-INF/services/javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory in jars
available to the runtime.
Platform default DocumentBuilderFactory instance.
Once an application has obtained a reference to a DocumentBuilderFactory it
can use the factory to configure and obtain parser instances.

Throws:
FactoryConfigurationError - if the implementation is not available or cannot
be instantiated.
This says that you have to configure the property to to an implementation.

An example would be

javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=com.sun.xml.parser.DocumentBuilderF
actoryImpl

or for crimson this would be

javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBui
lderFactoryImpl

Note if you use the crimson jar the META-INF\services already takes care of
it for you.

The idea is that JAXP lets you plug in XML parsers and in order to do that
with a DOM Builder you have to set that property. One way to do this
is by passing -DX=Y where X is the propertyName and Y is it's value
to the java invocation in build.bat