ant-user mailing list archives

From Rajkumar Seth <Seth.Rajku...@GNI.co.uk>
Subject RE: Why does <javac> recompile even source not modified?
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 11:36:07 GMT

From: Suu Quan [mailto:squan@wwc.com]
Sent: 2001 May 22 00:52
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Why does <javac> recompile even source not modified?

From: "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 3:16 PM

> Use:
> <target name="utils">
>   <javac srcdir="/stp" destdir="/stp"
>        includes="util/*.java"
>        excludes="util/Copy.java"
>        verbose="yes/>
> </target>
>
> IOW: The "srcdir" attr should point up to where the package hierarchy
> begins, and the filenames should begin with the package hierarchy -- it's
> how it matches source-files to class-files.

Diane

Man, you're good. Fixed my build file and it worked.
What do I owe you so far?

The contents of this message and any attachments are confidential and
are intended solely for the attention and use of the addressee only.
Information contained in this message may be subject to legal,
professional or other privilege or may otherwise be protected by other
legal rules. This message should not be copied or forwarded to any other
person without the express permission of the sender. If you are not the
intended recipient you are not authorised to disclose, copy, distribute
or retain this message or any part of it.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by
telephone (+44-20-7002-4000) and destroy the original message.

We reserve the right to monitor all e-mail messages passing through our
network.