ant-user mailing list archives

From Aarti Chandnani <Aarti.Chandn...@XUMA.com>
Subject same old question(slightly long)
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 00:03:35 GMT
I have a manifest file
which has in it the line say,

Package-Version:2.1

I use this manifest file when I build my jar files.

Now if its a nightly build , I need the file to say:

Package-Version:NIGHTLY

But if its a release, I need it to say Package-Version:2.2 (next release 2.1
+ 1)

I could accomplish this by Propertyfile but it replaces the ":" with "="

2nd option: replace. But this would mean i search for  2.1 nd replace with
"nightly" (hardcoded)
and then if there was to be a release ,  i now search for and replace  2.2
with "nightly"
also i have lots of projects being built with diff versions.  So many ant
files  will have to be maintained.
SO i thought of having something like have Package-Version:which in all
manifest files  and then ant replaces which to Nightly
But this doesnt work since I lose my version information if i write
Package-Version:which in all manifest files.

I dont want to do a echo cause i will have a lot of code hardcoded in ANT
xml.

Any way out ???

p.s. was I clear?