ant-user mailing list archives

From Stephane Bailliez <sbaill...@imediation.com>
Subject RE: style task errors
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 08:43:48 GMT

Yes 'Xalan' means Xalan1, "TRaX" means Xalan2, Xalan2 compatibility jar is
not supported because Ant was built without the compatibility jar.

> BTW, I also notice that the JUnitReport task now breaks against the
> new J2SE 1.4 beta release.  Something has changed in there as well.

Could you please post the error ?

if you have the following error:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.getDefaultLiaison()Ljava/lang/String;
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.<init>(XSLTEngineImpl.java:367)
        at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor(XSLTProcessorFactory
.java:79)

I would say this is simply because JDK 1.4 is shipping with
JAXP/Crimson/Xalan2 (look into rt.jar) and it of course loads this class
first before yours so the signature of the class
'org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process' is not correct.

I have no idea how to avoid this conflict, I installed JDK 1.4 about 1 hour
ago and didn't read the doc completely as you can guess. There have been
some changes in the classloader, so 'maybe' some things can be done to avoid
these incompatibilities somewhere. No idea, but would not bet on it right
now.

> So far, it seems I need to stick with Xalan 1.2.2 and J2SE 1.3.1 to
> keep everything happy.  I hope all this XML/XSLT stuff stabilizes
> soon...

Looks like so, sorry about this. Stay tuned.
I will change the junitreport anyway real soon because I did a very stupid
thing.
There will only be a single stylesheet and the report will be done via a
style task call.
Much simpler, less code, less trouble.

--
 St├ęphane Bailliez