ant-user mailing list archives

From "Ventimiglia, David" <David.Ventimig...@morganstanley.com>
Subject RE: Build output in XML format
Date Tue, 22 May 2001 03:21:37 GMT
Eddie,

It looks like the <ant> task is hard-coded to use a DefaultLogger, so that
using its 'logfile' attribute may only get you a plain file.  You might edit
the source code and see if you can supply a different logger, such as
XmlLogger or some custom job.

Cheers,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Eddie Bernard [mailto:ebernard@digitalthink.com]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 8:02 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Build output in XML format

Oops!! My mistake -- didn't mean to get anyone's hopes up.

The <javac> task does not have a 'logfile' attribute (however I'm sure one
could be added).

Instead, it's the <ant> task that has an 'output' attribute that will
capture output to a file.  This is what I wanted to get into an XML format.

Sorry for the confusion and false hopes raised.