ant-user mailing list archives

From Frank Carver <fr...@efsol.net>
Subject Copy wierdness
Date Wed, 23 May 2001 22:05:17 GMT
Has anyone else noticed anything strange about the <copy> task ?

My situation is this:  I am doing some simple web interface testing
and wish to compare the gathered output from a request with the
contents of a static file in JUnit.  As part of my build process I
copy all the files from the 'files' directory to the build area, and
then run the tests.  To generate the initial data, I dumped out the
response from a known good request to a file and placed it in the
'files' directory.

However, my tests still kept failing, even directly comparing the
known good request with the stored file contents.  On examination, I
find that the file which has been copied to the build area has a
different size from the one it was copied from!!  I have been unable
to duplicate this with small test files, so there may be something
pathological in the several Kb of HTML I'm dealing with.  If I copy
the file "manually" using the DOS copy command, the file sizes are the
same, but I really want Ant to do it for me using all the power of
filesets etc.

I'm still trying to track down what exactly is different about the
files, as visually they are the same, and even some "diff" programs
claim they are the same, despite the different lengths!

Windows NT, Sun SDK 1.3, and yes, filtering is off.

All suggestions welcome.

--
Frank Carver     frank@efsol.net    http://www.efsol.net/