ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shaikh, Mehmood" <Mehmood.Sha...@ccra-adrc.gc.ca>
Subject RE: Generation of paths
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 18:25:36 GMT
You might look into modifying source for Path.java where all of the business
of path formatting resides. Besides, whether / is used as separator or \ is
used, is decided by java itself, using File.separatorChar attribute.

-----Original Message-----
From: Larry V. Streepy, Jr. [mailto:streepy@healthlanguage.com]
Sent: May 30, 2001 10:31 AM
To: ant user mail list
Subject: Generation of paths

Before I head off and write this, I thought I'd ask if it's been done.

For our product we need to generate platform specific scripts that
contain PATH and CLASSPATH settings.  I need to be able to generate
these scripts from any build platform.  Thus, from a Windows platform I
need to be able to generate paths that are legal on Unix platforms and
vice-versa.

Since Ant works very hard to generate all paths in the "current"
platform format, I have no easy way to generate the paths for the
"other" platforms.  For example, I need to generate these two different
paths:

d:\foo\bar;d:\baz\blah
/foo/bar:/baz/blah

I've searched pretty hard and I see no way to make Ant generate both
forms.  I was toying with the idea of writing a "pathconvert" task which
would take a target platform and additional data (like drive letter
mappings) and have it store the path in a property.

If anyone knows of a better (read already implemented) solution, please
let me know.

Thanks.

--
Larry V. Streepy, Jr.