ant-user mailing list archives

From "Shaikh, Mehmood" <Mehmood.Sha...@ccra-adrc.gc.ca>
Subject RE: Automatically generating build files
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 20:04:23 GMT
Most of the software we develop here is very simple. It consists of some
framework components, common components, and business specific components,
some of which use 3rd party libraries.

I organize my build files as one build file per package. I've come up with
pattern in build files, i.e. every build file i have falls under one of
several templates. Now i should be able to generate a build file for a
package by recognizing pattern for that package.

Any ideas?

Thanks

MS.

-----Original Message-----
From: Shaikh, Mehmood [mailto:Mehmood.Shaikh@ccra-adrc.gc.ca]
Sent: May 16, 2001 12:29 PM
To: 'ant-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: Automatically generating build files

Hi,

I intend to automatically generate build files for my packages by looking at
my java programs, one thing this requires is the ability to resolve
dependencies. e.g. if class A imports a class B which is not in my package,
i want to know that and make a list, then go after that class etc. etc.
etc...

For this purpose i need to parse my java program, to be able to get all the
import statements and go on from there.

Does this make sense? Any ideas?

Thanks

MS.