ant-user mailing list archives

From Mark Hewitt <MHew...@Armature.com>
Subject RE: How to include a variable in !ENTITY tag?
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 15:40:05 GMT
Hmmm ... You could have something create a DTD with a set of
entities whose values are set according to your local environment,
then you could instantiate that via a reference.  Of course, you
would need to know where this file is too...

Or, you could use XSLT to transform your XML build files using
the local environment before you let ant see them.

OK, - I think I'm telling you there are only comedy solutions,
though XSLT has some possibilities...Hmmm...

#!/mjh

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Kee [mailto:keith@netsco.com]
Sent: 16 April 2001 17:23
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: How to include a variable in !ENTITY tag?

Hi:
  I am new to ant, and is thinking of migrating from GNUMake environment. It
looks like it is possible to migrating from the current GNUmake environment
except one major problem: I cannot specify an environment variable to the
ENTITY tag like this.
  <!DOCTYPE project [
      <!ENTITY include SYSTEM "${CONFIG_DIR}/common.xml">
  ]>

  Can somebody point out if this is possible, or if there is a viable
workaround? I search the mailing archive and FAQ with no avail.

TIA,
keith