ant-user mailing list archives

From Arvid.Amund...@sas.no
Subject RE: how to set environment variable
Date Mon, 14 May 2001 09:23:33 GMT
robby & simon

	The only thing I can think of (besides writing to registry) would be
to write the environment variable to a .ini file. I'm not exactly sure how
this is done, and you would probably have to restart the computer for the
new variable to take effect.
Anything you do in the dos-prompt will die when the prompt is teminated
unlesss you write it to file...

If anyone have any other ideas on how to do this, I'll be glad to hear about
it...

-- Arvid

-----Original Message-----
From: robby [mailto:zengzhon@yahoo.com]
Sent: Monday, May 14, 2001 11:01
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: how to set environment variable

Hi ,

    I need build.xml to set an environment variable for windows to use,
actually source safe needs the variable "SSDIR",  if i use
    <exec executable="cmd.exe" os="Windows 2000">
       <arg value="/C set ssdir=\\sourcesafe_server\dir"/>
    </exec>
it seems not working properly since it will terminate after setting.
but if I change /C to /K, it doesn't work either, since it cannot
     thanks for your help...  :-)

robby