ant-user mailing list archives

From Tim Vernum <Tim.Ver...@macquarie.com.au>
Subject RE: Ant and Conditional Expressions1
Date Fri, 04 May 2001 04:24:50 GMT

> I notice that targets can have an 'if' argument, but
> unfortunately this is
> only concerned with the existence of a parameter whereas I am also
> interested in the value of a parameter

Some time ago I send an <equal> task to ant-dev, that would allow
you to set a property if two values were equal.

eg:
      <target name="copy-orbix" depend="check-orbix" if="orb.is.orbix">
		<echo>Foo</echo>
	</target>

	<target name="check-orbix">
		<equal property="orb.is.orbix" left="${orb}" right="orbix"/>
	</target>

I can try and dig the code out if you want, but it's pretty easy to write
it yourself.

Note to others:
	Is anyone hosting a collection of weird ant tasks?
	There has been reluctance to add a contrib/ modules to the ant-cvs,
	  and I'm quickly collecting a bunch of these sort of tasks.