ant-user mailing list archives

From Robert Leftwich <digi...@ix.net.au>
Subject Reusing the same instance of ant
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 01:57:46 GMT
It strikes me that it would be useful to be able to reuse the same instance
of Ant when in the continuous cycle of code/compile/test as there is an
overhead of starting up the jvm and parsing the build files that could be
avoided.
What I am envisaging is at its simplest, a loop that runs Ant and then
instead of exiting it writes to System.out "Press R to re-run or Q to
quit". If R is pressed it re-runs Ant without reparsing the build files (or
whatever is necessary to get the best turn around time). Is this possible
already and I have missed it in the doco ? Has anyone else contemplated
this variation on the usage of Ant or am I barking up the wrong tree?

TIA

Robert