ant-user mailing list archives

From David Rosenstrauch <dar...@oneworldinc.com>
Subject Need help with args to exec command
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 18:01:44 GMT
Help!

Trying to execute a DOS command like this from my build.xml:

v:\netscapesigning\signing13\signtool.exe -e".class"

I tried doing this:

<exec
	dir="classes"
	executable="v:\netscapesigning\signing13\signtool.exe"
	failonerror="yes">
	<arg line="-e&quot;.class&quot;"/>
</exec>

But no dice.  Verbose output shows the command being generated as:

v:\netscapesigning\signing13\signtool.exe -e.class

Quotes are missing.  Bad.

So I tried doing this:
<exec
	dir="classes"
	executable="v:\netscapesigning\signing13\signtool.exe"
	failonerror="yes">
	<arg value="-e&quot;.class&quot;"/>
</exec>

Now the command is generated as:

v:\netscapesigning\signing13\signtool.exe '-e".class"'

Extra quotes were added.  Also bad.  Plus I get an ANT error:

"Can't handle single and double quotes in same argument"

Any ideas?

Thanks!

DR