ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Hodgetts <...@zzyzxtek.com>
Subject RE: style task errors
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 22:12:48 GMT
Stephane Bailliez wrote:

 > > BTW, I also notice that the JUnitReport task now breaks against the
 > > new J2SE 1.4 beta release.  Something has changed in there as well.
 >
 > Could you please post the error ?

[Same as the one you posted.]

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.getDefaultLiaison()Ljava/lang/String;
         at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTEngineImpl.<init>(XSLTEngineImpl.java:367)
         at
org.apache.xalan.xslt.XSLTProcessorFactory.getProcessor(XSLTProcessorFactory
.java:79)
         at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.AggregateTransformer.transform(
Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.AggregateTransformer.createPack
ageList(Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.AggregateTransformer.transform(
Unknown Source)
         at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.XMLResultAggregator.execute(Unk
nown Source)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.runTarget(Project.java:911)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:539)
         at org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:513)

 > I would say this is simply because JDK 1.4 is shipping with
 > JAXP/Crimson/Xalan2 (look into rt.jar) and it of course loads this class
 > first before yours so the signature of the class
 > 'org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process' is not correct.
 >
 > I have no idea how to avoid this conflict, I installed JDK 1.4 about 1 hour
 > ago and didn't read the doc completely as you can guess. There have been
 > some changes in the classloader, so 'maybe' some things can be done to avoid
 > these incompatibilities somewhere. No idea, but would not bet on it right
 > now.

Yeah, I tried moving Xalan and Xerces to the front of my class path,
but as you point out, it still looks in rt.jar first and finds that.

OK, I found a way around it.  If I invoke Ant and use the java option
-Xbootclasspath: and set the boot class path to be the same as my
regular class path, now looks in Xalan and Xerces first.  So this has
overridden the default boot class path.  Makes sense.  (Does anyone
know what the entire default boot class path is?  I haven't found it
in the JDK docs yet.)

Interesting,
-Paul