ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Hodgetts <...@zzyzxtek.com>
Subject Re: style task errors
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 05:23:36 GMT
Aren't the Ant XSLT tasks written against Xalan 1, not Xalan 2?  The
interfaces changed between these releases.  I have the same kinds of
problems running the JUnitReport task that uses XSLT when I try to
use Xalan 2.0.1.

BTW, I also notice that the JUnitReport task now breaks against the
new J2SE 1.4 beta release.  Something has changed in there as well.

So far, it seems I need to stick with Xalan 1.2.2 and J2SE 1.3.1 to
keep everything happy.  I hope all this XML/XSLT stuff stabilizes
soon...

Thoughts?  Tips?

-Paul

S Page wrote:

 > > The style task doesn't seem to load xalan even when I ask it to.
 >
 > I have the same problem.
 > If I specify processor="xalan" to the <style> task, I get the same
 >   java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.XalanLiaison
 > error
 >
 > If I don't specify processor, I get
 >   java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.TraXLiaison

 > Did you download the ant source or binary?  I downloaded
jakarta-ant-1.3-bin.tar.gz and I'm 90% sure its jar files *DO NOT* have
these classes, nor does Xalan 2.0.1.  I think the ant source distribution
does include these and may package them in an optional.jar file.  If so, it
seems a BUG that the binary ant distribution doesn't include it.

 > Suspected DOC BUG: The ant user manual in
http://jakarta.apache.org/ant/manual/install.html#librarydependencies makes
no mention that you need this optional jar file for the built-in style tasks.