ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Hodgetts <...@zzyzxtek.com>
Subject Re: Jikes + weblogic
Date Fri, 18 May 2001 14:42:02 GMT
Try upgrading to the latest Jikes version (1.14).  You can find
it at:

http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/project/showfiles.php?group_id=10
&release_id=119

[This is from memory -- I fixed the problem and moved on, but...]

Previous versions of Jikes looked for the file iiimp.jar in the
.../jre/lib/ext directory.  I don't know what for.  JDK 1.3+
seems to have eliminated this file.  Jikes 1.14 seems to have
removed this dependency.  To use Jikes 1.13 or less, you can copy
the .../jre/lib/ext/iiimp.jar file to the JDK 1.3+ directory tree
from a previous JDK version and it should work as well.

Try that and see if it helps.

-Paul Hodgetts

Sandor Murakozi wrote:

 > I am using Weblogic, and trying to use Ant with Jikes. Jikes from
command line works, Ant with javac works, but when I insert the line

 > <property name="build.compiler" value="jikes"/>
 >
 > to my build file, Ant reports an error:
 >
 > c:\work\antproba\build.xml:7: C:\bea\jdk130\jre\lib\ext not found.
 >
 > Do you have any idea why does it happen?
 > I searched the list for the answer, but couldn't find it, so please be
patient if the answer is well known.