ant-user mailing list archives

From Timothee Besset <t...@qeradiant.com>
Subject using ant to build gcc project
Date Thu, 31 May 2001 21:32:08 GMT
I'd like to experiment using ant to build a project with gcc. I'm
looking for a worthy replacement to the Makefile system which blows. Has
anyone got experience with this? And possibly documented a bit the
advantages and pitfalls, how he did it somewhere?

My main problems are:

- I have to deal with several module dependencies, some settings must be
propagated across dependencies

- I need to deal with header dependencies (i.e. include files) during
rebuilds

I will probably try to achieve that based around the <exec> command,
does anyone have info/advice about setting up a system to prepare the
CFLAGS, LFLAGS and other command line settings across ant?

TTimo