ant-user mailing list archives

From Eric Richardson <e...@milagrosoft.com>
Subject How-to use ant for pattern rules like make
Date Tue, 29 May 2001 23:09:11 GMT
Hi,
I've been using ant for quite some time now but nothing too complex. I'm
trying to transform XML to HTML and FO via the docbook stylesheets. This
works fine and I even see you have a style task that I hadn't noted
before today(using java currently).

I searched the archive and couldn't really find anything to help me.
Since XLST really takes a long time and you tend to only work on one doc
at a time, I'd like to be able to have a task that takes my target file
and then transforms it.

source_pattern:target_pattern
*.xml:*.html
  uses html stylesheet

*.xml:*.fo
  uses fo stylesheet

In make I don't think you can do this as there two targets for the same
source file but I'd like to be able to do the following

ant foo.fo
  turns foo.xml into foo.fo
ant foo.html
   turns foo.xml into foo.fo

I noticed the mapper task but don't know if this would help. It also
seems that the antcall task could call the style task with some
properties set for the -in and -out arguments/properties.

I'm not on the list so please reply directly please.

Thanks for the help,
Eric