ant-user mailing list archives

From Daniel Barclay <Daniel.Barc...@digitalfocus.com>
Subject How to use UpToDate with absolute source file name (not patterns)
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 19:02:23 GMT
Can the "uptodate" task be used with an absolute file pathname for a
source file?

(I think) I want to something like this:

    <uptodate property="isUpToDate" targetfile=".flagfile" >
      <srcfiles dir=".">
        <include name="${sourceFile}" />
      </srcfiles>
    </uptodate>

If property sourceFile is a relative name, the name works as a file
pattern, and everything works.

However, if sourceFile is an absolute pathname (on Windows, so
starting with "C:/..."), the uptodate task doesn't work.  (It
always thinks the target file is up to date.)

Can the uptodate task be used with absolute pathnames?

Thanks,
Daniel
--
Daniel Barclay