ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How are relative paths resolved?
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 06:39:09 GMT
At 09:57  15/5/01 -0700, Robert Nicholson wrote:
>ERROR: ejb-jar file: ../build/customerEjb.jar could not be opened.
>
>You see. every rule resolves correctly to an absolute path except this
>value.
>
>I was trying to use the ant that ships with the Petstore rather than
>configure up another version and have to configure the parser factory up.

I would recomend getting latest version - basically for the bugfixes.

>So how exactly are paths resolved in Ant or am I clutching at straws here?

Well the only time Files are resolved is when they are attributes of tasks.
In which case they are resolved agains project directory.

In the above example you are substituting a property into a string which
means value is not resolved at all. To fix it download latest ant and look
in the documentation for property task (namely at the location attribute).

Cheers,

Pete