ant-user mailing list archives

From David Scassa <dsca...@journee.com>
Subject RE: Is there a way to do sed-style inline editing?
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 22:29:35 GMT
You can modify the time-date output mask to be whatever you wanted.

<tstamp>
			<!-- patterh="MMdyy_hhmmss"/> -->
			<format property="now" pattern="MMddyy"/>
		</tstamp>

I set the "pattern" according to what I needed.

David

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark Jaffe [mailto:mjaffe@eturn.com]
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 5:35 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Is there a way to do sed-style inline editing?

Here's the issue. Our release standards are now being violated since I
switched to Ant for deployment of the builds. The former build-meister did
the main build manually, then created a folder on a shared machine to which
he copied the build results. Now I have a distribution mechanism in the
build script, but it does not do a similar-enough function. The old builds
were copied into a folder named "MMDD-HHMM" (where MMDD is the two-digit
month + two-digit day, and HHMM is the hours & minutes stuff.) Now I get a
folder called "20010521-HHMM" but I wondered if I could scriptually edit
this down to the old format.