ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Writing a new Task
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 02:16:26 GMT
--- "O'Hara, Patrick" <patrick.ohara@workscape.com> wrote:
> I have a java application that will create an MD5 digest for all file
> under a given directory.  I would like to make this an ANT Task.  I am
> looking for docs on the steps necessary to create an ANT Task and in
> particular how to deal with filesets.

As a starting point, read the "Developing with Ant" section of the user
manual. But I think you'll probably need to extend MatchingTask rather
than Task if you're going to be allowing for filesets, so you should look
through the source-files in org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs for other tasks
that use filesets as examples of how to do that.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)