ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: How to update a jar?
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 22:55:38 GMT
--- Jon Skeet <jon.skeet@peramon.com> wrote:
> > use zip task instead
> > its like jar but doesnt create the manifest file!
>
> The jar task actually extends the zip task, IIRC. Does the zip
> task have update features? I didn't think so, but I could be
> wrong.

I don't think <zip> does, either. And I think the reason the <jar> task
doesn't is because Ant tries to be compatible with JDK 1.1, and that
didn't offer the -u flag for its 'jar' command.

In this case, though, I think the suggestion to use <zip> instead of <jar>
is so you don't have to add (ie., replace) your manifest file later, just
include the file you want in the jar in the first place.

There's a <jlink> task that I thought was supposed to allow you to add
files to an already existing jar-file, but I can't get it to do that for
me.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)