ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: optional.jar problem
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 17:44:29 GMT
David,

Try just reading in your classpath.properties file using:

<property file="classpath.properties"/>

(assuming the file lives in the base directory; otherwise, use a fuller
path to point to the file) -- in other words, get rid of all the
<classpath> and <pathelement> stuff.  Then just reference the ${classpath}
property wherever you need it.

Diane

--- David Scassa <dscassa@journee.com> wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> I have successfully completed several ant builds so far, and I've nearly
> memorized the manual so I felt for a while that I was at least at the
> intermediate user level for ant. This particular problem that I am
> having
> now will probably have the ant user community believing otherwise. :)
>
> I have my ant directory on drive K:\ant, K: is a UNC mapped drive to of
> one
> of my fileservers. I chose to install ant there because I wanted it
> available to all of our developers in a common area thus, it would be
> easily
> accessable.
>
> I am running Win2K Pro, and am setting my environment variables to the
> following:
>
> MY_PROJECT=d:\ejbtest
> ANT_HOME=K:\ant
> JAVA_HOME=K:\IBMJDK122
> SET CLASSPATH=%MYPROJECT%\lib\blah.jar;%ANT_HOME%\lib\optional.jar
> etc.**
>
> **I have not set my classpath via a property file as of yet; this is
> part of
> the problem.
>
> Everything that does not include a task in the optional.jar runs fine.
>
> Here is my problem:
>
> ERROR:
> D:\ejbtemp\build.xml:8: Could not create task of type: classpath. Common
> solutio
> ns are to use taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is an optional
> task,
> put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant installation
> (ANT_HOME).
>
> CODE THAT IS RESPONSIBLE:
>
> <target name="setclass">
> 	<classpath>
> 		<propertyfile file="classpath.properties">
> 			<pathelement path="${classpath}"/>
> 		</propertyfile>
> 	</classpath>
> 		<echo message="Classpath=${classpath}"/>
> 	</target>
>
> My classpath.properties file contains the following:
>
> #Wed May 09 10:17:17 CDT 2001
> main.classpath=1

classpath=d:\context\src;d:\context\lib\xml4j.jar;k:\ant;k:\ant\bin;k:\ant\l
> ib;d

:\context\lib\jaxp.jar;d:\context\lib\ujc.jar;d:\context\lib\ejs.jar;d:\cont
> ext\

lib\log4j.jar;d:\context\lib\admin.jar;d:\context\lib\crimson.jar;d:\context
> \lib

\deployTool.jar;d:\context\lib\ivbjfaceall.jar;d:\context\lib\jms.jar;d:\con
> text

\lib\log4j.jar;d:\context\lib\jetace.jar;d:\context\lib\junit.jar;d:\context
> \web

apps\context\WEB-INF\lib\infobus.jar;d:\context\webapps\context\WEB-INF\lib\
> stru

ts.jar;d:\context\lib\servlet.jar;d:\context\lib\xerces.jar;d:\context\lib\x

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)