ant-user mailing list archives

From jaideep satghare <>
Subject Ant 1.2 optional tasks problem, very basic
Date Wed, 09 May 2001 11:53:55 GMT

I have a very basic question when it comes to using
the optional tasks.
I am using Ant 1.2 and according to the documentation
I have copied the optional.jar to the
$ANT_HOME/lib directory. But this does not make the
optional task (ftp, in my case) available to me in my
build file.
The build file on being run gives me an error which
says :

  Could not create task of type: ftp because I can't
find it in the list of task class definitions.  Co
mmon solutions are: 1 execute bin/bootstrap. 2 use
taskdef to declare your task. 3  add the task to

Is there anything that I need to do besides copying
the optional.jar file to $ANT_HOME/lib directory?

Do You Yahoo!?
For regular News updates go to

View raw message