ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Too many files for the ANT build HELP!!
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 21:14:01 GMT
--- "L.C. Oliver" <lc.oliver@intcx.com> wrote:
> I am currently using VSS as source code tool.  There is a lot of legacy
> code in VSS that we don't really use any more but I don't really know
> what to keep and what to trash.  So, when I do a recursive get from VSS
> I seem to get MORE THAN enough files for make the build.  Then I spend
> more time deleting files/directories from my ANT project than it takes
> to make the build.  How do I get ANT to consistently only take the files
> necessary for the build .  Oh yeah, I have asked development about which
> files are needed and they don't know either.  They tell me to go back to
> Visual Cafe for the build.
>
> Please let me know what I am doing wrong and how to get ANT fixed once
> and for all.

I don't know VSS, so I can only make some general suggestions:

 - Only pull the files from VSS that you actually want/need for the
   build (assuming that's possible), or
 - Only <include> in the <javac> task(s) those dirs/files that should
   get included as part of the build.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)