ant-user mailing list archives

From Diane Holt <hol...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ANT -> ANTCALL or something Similar [Long and Ugly]
Date Thu, 03 May 2001 22:02:57 GMT
--- David Scassa <dscassa@journee.com> wrote:
> 1. Assuming that I have a principal build.xml [...]
> How would I call a distribution.xml file that would contain
> the move/copy functions?

Use the <ant> task to run targets in other build-files. (Use <antcall> to
run targets within the same build-file but override already set properties
with new values, specified using the <param> tag.)

> 2. How would I pass init variables from one .xml to the next "called"
> .xml file?

When you use <ant>, the sub-projects inherit all the property values from
the parent. You can override the values using the nested <property> tag of
the <ant> task.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)