ant-user mailing list archives

From "O'Hara, Patrick" <patrick.oh...@workscape.com>
Subject RE: Writing a new Task
Date Wed, 30 May 2001 13:02:21 GMT
Thanks,
	I don't know how I missed that in the docs.

Pat O
pdohara@techneex.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Diane Holt [mailto:holtdl@yahoo.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 29, 2001 9:16 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Writing a new Task

--- "O'Hara, Patrick" <patrick.ohara@workscape.com> wrote:
> I have a java application that will create an MD5 digest for all file
> under a given directory.  I would like to make this an ANT Task.  I am
> looking for docs on the steps necessary to create an ANT Task and in
> particular how to deal with filesets.

As a starting point, read the "Developing with Ant" section of the user
manual. But I think you'll probably need to extend MatchingTask rather
than Task if you're going to be allowing for filesets, so you should look
through the source-files in org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs for other tasks
that use filesets as examples of how to do that.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)