ant-user mailing list archives

From "O'Hara, Patrick" <patrick.oh...@workscape.com>
Subject RE: Jar file loading
Date Wed, 23 May 2001 14:19:39 GMT
I would be interested in those utilities.

Pat O
pdohara@techneex.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Cheesman [mailto:jchees@msl.es]
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 9:20 AM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Re: Jar file loading

At 04:00 PM 23/05/01, you wrote:
>Jim,
>
>Actually because of Windows.

Ah.... should have guessed!  Further testing revealed that it didn't happen
on the Aix box we have here, although there was a different problem there,
which further adds to the confusion ;) On Aix, the classes are loaded
preferentially from the classpath, and then from ANT_HOME/lib, while on
Win2000 it's the other way round.
I spent hours tracing down why I was getting a deprecated warning for
org.xml.sax.Parser on Aix but not on my desktop machine: Win2000 was
and ignoring parser.jar in lib.

Still, if anyone needs a couple of utilities to trace down where a class is
being loaded from, I'm happy to share. (One's even defined as an ant task!
;)

Something to take note of for those of us using more than one
environment.... What can I expect to see if I move over to linux, for
example?

Jim

--

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *