ant-user mailing list archives

From "O'Hara, Patrick" <>
Subject RE: Jar file loading
Date Wed, 23 May 2001 14:19:39 GMT
I would be interested in those utilities.

Pat O

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Cheesman []
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 9:20 AM
Subject: Re: Jar file loading

At 04:00 PM 23/05/01, you wrote:
>Actually because of Windows.

Ah.... should have guessed!  Further testing revealed that it didn't happen
on the Aix box we have here, although there was a different problem there,
which further adds to the confusion ;) On Aix, the classes are loaded
preferentially from the classpath, and then from ANT_HOME/lib, while on
Win2000 it's the other way round.
I spent hours tracing down why I was getting a deprecated warning for
org.xml.sax.Parser on Aix but not on my desktop machine: Win2000 was
and ignoring parser.jar in lib.

Still, if anyone needs a couple of utilities to trace down where a class is
being loaded from, I'm happy to share. (One's even defined as an ant task!

Something to take note of for those of us using more than one
environment.... What can I expect to see if I move over to linux, for

                           *   Jim Cheesman   *
             Trabajo: - (34)(91) 724 9200 x 2360
         On one hand, I'm
indecisive, but on the other, I'm not.