ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeff Post <je...@genesyslab.com>
Subject RE: FTP and socksified
Date Fri, 11 May 2001 23:37:23 GMT
Try putting netcomponents.jar in the directory ANT_HOME\lib

JP

-----Original Message-----
From: curtis_krouse@agilent.com [mailto:curtis_krouse@agilent.com]
Sent: Friday, May 11, 2001 4:17 PM
To: ant-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: FTP and socksified

Hi everyone,

I am new to Ant.  In fact, this is my first post to the user group.

I have a build.xml file that I'm working on and one of the targets is a
"deploy" target.  I'm trying to FTP the jar file to a server that is outside
our firewall.  To do this manually I have to use socks, but it mentions
nothing about this in the Ant manual.  The build file gives me an error that
is:
C:\ant.XXX\Build\build.xml:26: Could not create task of type: ftp. Common
solut
ions are to use taskdef to declare your task, or, if this is an optional
task, t
o put the optional.jar in the lib directory of your ant installation
(ANT_HOME).

I've moved the netcomponents.jar file to the ANT_HOME directory with no joy.
Does anyone know if the problem is not being able to socksify the FTP?  Is
there a way to socksify an FTP target in Ant?  Am I missing some important
concept here?

Curtis Krouse
Agilent Technologies, Inc.
Spokane, WA