ant-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Thompson <andr...@quidnunc.com>
Subject RE: Ant not compiling all it should
Date Tue, 08 May 2001 18:46:41 GMT

>     >Run Ant in verbose mode (-v). It should then tell you
> why it is recompiling
>     >files. The usual problem is that a file's location
> within the source tree
>     >does not match the class' location in the package namespace.
>
> We've experienced this as well, but that's not the problem -- it
> isn't compiling files that it *should* compile.  Running Ant
> several times in a row results in non-deterministic (from my
> point of view, anyway) behavior.
>
> /\ndy

Unless you're doing something odd, its javac which determines what is and
isn't compiled, not ant. The only times I've seen javac behave as you
describe are when your source code is not arranged in a directory structure
which mirrors the package structure:

ie, class com.foo.bar.MyProg should be in com/foo/bar/MyProg.java

AndyT

Disclaimer: text after this line was not written by the author of this
message

confidential, copyright, proprietary or legally privileged information.
No confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by any mistransmission.
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
sender.
You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute, print, or
copy any part of this message if you are not the intended recipient.
Although we have taken steps to ensure that this e-mail and attachments are
free from any virus, we would advise you to ensure they are indeed virus
free. We do not, to the extent permitted by law, accept any liability
(whether in contract, negligence or otherwise) for any virus infection
and/or external compromise of security and/or breach of confidentiality in
relation to transmissions sent by e-mail.
Quidnunc and each of its subsidiaries each reserve the right to monitor all
e-mail communications through its networks.
except where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorized to
state them to be the views of any such entity.