ant-user mailing list archives

From "Adam Flegman" <adam.fleg...@astracon.com.au>
Subject Documentation - enumerated/ranged parameter values
Date Sun, 20 May 2001 23:56:57 GMT
HI Guys,

Just a general note about the online documentation I received with the ant
version 1.3.

The user manual has been a great reference aid in working with some of the
built in tasks. The Attribute and Description (intent) sections are very
helpful. The only point of frustration comes from seeing all the arguments
given for a command, but no explicit details regarding any constraints that
apply to the argument, such as value sets [yes/no], [true/false], [on/off],
ranges [-100..+100], underlying java type etc.

I'm very new to the whole ant build process, so if this level of
documentation already exists in a User manual like format please let me
know. If it doesn't, would it be possible to have this information included
in the next versions of the documentation?

Cheers,

          Ad.

Adam Flegman - Senior Software Engineer
Astracon (Australia) Pty Ltd
Email:  adam.flegman@astracon.com.au
Phone: (07) 3368 6979,  DID: +617 3368 6979
Fax: (07) 3368 6999
PO Box 1656,
Milton   4064,
Australia.