ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <>
Subject Re: System Environment variables don't work
Date Wed, 16 May 2001 20:17:10 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mark Chamness" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, May 16, 2001 7:42 PM
Subject: RE: System Environment variables don't work

> This bug is
> It claims to be fixed but it's not.
> I checked the May 15th java sources,
> The problem file is
>  src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/
> The problem is with parsing of cygwin bash environment
> variables containing new lines, such as
> PS1=\[\033]0;\w\007
> \033[32m\]\u@\h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]
> $
I tried to reproduce this, but I failed. I was using the latest version from
CVS which should be the same (since there are not so many changes

I started the cygwin environment using C:\cygwin\cygwin.bat (I don't know
which shell is running by default) and the following build.xml worked.

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<project name="test" basedir="." default="test">

  <target name="test">
    <property environment="env"/>

Then I executed 'bash' and tried again. It still worked. Then I executed
'bash ant' and it still worked. And yes, the PS1-variable is set.

View raw message