ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dominic Pilbeam" <dpilb...@lvi.com>
Subject Using different compilers?
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 03:02:03 GMT
Hi

I'm a new Ant user so please forgive the naive questions:

I'm attempting to create a build file which compiles Java source from several different directory
trees using different compilers for each tree, puts all the class files into one directory
tree and then jars them all.

So, I have a target, "target1" which compiles one tree using the JDK compiler, and another
target, "target2" which compiles another tree using the Microsoft compiler.

I could try to get target1 to set the owning project's "build.compile" property to "classic"
and then get target2 to set the property to "jvc". But how do I set this property from within
a target?

Also, I am struggling with the syntax of referencing a target property within that target.
For example, if I want to use the name of a target as part of an attribute of a nested element
of that target how do I achieve this? i.e.

<target name="aName" depends="previousName"/>
<vssget localPath="${src}" recursive="true" login="${vssLogin}"
  vsspath="$/XXX" ssdir="${ssexe}"/>

I want the vssPath attribute to be the string literal "$/aName".

Thanks for any help,

Dominic