ant-user mailing list archives

From Nigel Leslie <...@nuix.com.au>
Subject Starting Background Tasks with Ant
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 15:19:27 GMT
Good Afternoon,

I am using Ant on a Linux machine, and am attempting to start a java process
as a background task. However, including a '&' (or &amp;) as an argument does
not cause the process to start separately. (in fact it didn't like it at all)

I have also created a .sh script which -then- starts another process with an
&. Running this .sh from the command prompt causes the program to run in the
background, however within Ant the control does not return.

I'm guessing that Ant does not regard a <java> or <exec> to be completed
until all child tasks have finished. Is this correct? Is this a bug (or even
a feature)? Is there a workaround?

Thanks,
Nigel

--