ant-user mailing list archives

From "Suu Quan" <sq...@wwc.com>
Subject Re: regexp mapper problem
Date Mon, 21 May 2001 23:09:18 GMT
----- Original Message -----
From: "Diane Holt" <holtdl@yahoo.com>
To: <ant-user@jakarta.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, May 21, 2001 3:18 PM
Subject: Re: regexp mapper problem

> See the "regexp" section in the user manual under "File Mappers" -- it
> tells you what jars you need.

But I have ant.jar in my classpath, and "jar tf ant.jar" gives me
    org/apache/tools/ant/util/regexp/JakartaRegexpMatcher.class
    org/apache/tools/ant/util/regexp/RegexpMatcher.class
    org/apache/tools/ant/util/regexp/RegexpMatcherFactory.class
    org/apache/tools/ant/util/RegexpPatternMapper.class

which is what the docs says.

"The regexp mapper needs a supporting library and an implementation of
org.apache.tools.ant.util.regexp.RegexpMatcher that hides the specifics of
the library. Ant comes with
implementations for jakarta-regexp and jakarta-ORO. If you compile from
sources and plan to use one of them, make sure
the libraries are in your CLASSPATH. For information about using gnu.regexp
or gnu.rex with Ant, see this article.

Ant will choose the regular-expression library based on the following
algorithm:

     If the system property ant.regexp.matcherimpl has been set, it is taken
as the name of the class implementing
     org.apache.tools.ant.util.regexp.RegexpMatcher that should be used.
     If it has not been set, first try jakarta-ORO; if that cannot be found,
try jakarta-regexp.
"

I even tried to set the property ant.regexp.matcherimpl, but it should have
tried jakarta-regexp,
which is in ant.jar.

where is the hole in my logic?