ant-user mailing list archives

From "Nico Seessle" <n...@apache.org>
Subject Re: I am a little confused about tasks
Date Wed, 23 May 2001 18:41:14 GMT
I am a little confused about tasks
  From: O'Hara, Patrick
  Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2001 6:34 PM
  Subject: I am a little confused about tasks

  I am adding a new Star Team task to label the source.  I have also modified the Star Team
check out task to take a label.  I assume I have to add a task def for my new task, but I
don't see where the task def for the Star Team check out task is.  Is this automatic?  Is
there a config file somewhere I have overlooked?

  Pat O
  pdohara@techneex.com

It's hidden in ant.jar:

C:\Java\work\jakarta-ant\build>jar tvf lib\ant.jar | grep defaults
  5818 Tue May 01 13:30:22 GMT+02:00 2001 org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/defaults.properties
   174 Fri Nov 17 11:00:58 GMT+01:00 2000 org/apache/tools/ant/types/defaults.properties

The first file defines the tasks, the second one the types (fileset, etc).

They don't contain taskdef's, simply lines mapping a taskname to a classname.

Nico