ant-user mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <>
Subject Re: Anyone got the <dtd> element for <ejbjar> to work with weblogic 6?
Date Wed, 02 May 2001 11:50:57 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Les Hughes" <>
To: <>
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 7:52 PM
Subject: RE: Anyone got the <dtd> element for <ejbjar> to work with
weblogic 6?

> Hi,
> One point, we use local copies of out DTDs to speed up deployment as
> So the DTD location in the XML file is tagged with a filter @dtd.dir@
> is substituted during our build process.
> Upshot? I don't need to use the <dtd> element, our stuff deploys quicker
> I can quickly run the xmlvalidate task to syntax check the DD's before I
> that annoying WLS 'Unable to deploy' message half an hour later....

We prefer to keep the DTDs in our deployment descriptors as-is and use the
DTD elements to point to the local copy of the DTD, either an extracted
copy or from the weblogic classpath.

I think a similar approach in xmlvalidate would be useful. If this is the
case, the DTDLocation class could be moved from the ejbjar class into its
own class in the core for a general mechanism of specifiying where to find
local DTDs. It would seem to be a matter of setting up an EntityResolver
for the validator's XMLReader. Any takers?

View raw message